- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 400g raw king prawns
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 3-4 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
- 4 tsp lemon juice , plus a squeeze
- 40g ginger , half peeled and grated, half finely sliced into matchsticks
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 curry leaves
- 2-4 green chillies , halved and deseeded
- 1 onion , finely sliced
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 40g fresh coconut , grated
- ½ small bunch coriander , leaves only
- STEP 1
Rinse the prawns in cold water and pat dry. Toss them with the turmeric, chilli powder, lemon juice and grated ginger and set aside.
- STEP 2
Heat the oil in a pan and add the curry leaves, chilli, sliced ginger and onion. Cook until translucent, about 10 mins, then add the black pepper.
- STEP 3
Toss the prawns in with any marinade, and stir-fry until cooked, about 2 mins. Season if required and add a squeeze of lemon juice. Serve sprinkled with the coconut and coriander leaves.