Lemon & rosemary traybake lamb
- Preparation and cooking time
- plus marinating
- Serves 4
Get two of your 5-a-day with this simple Mediterranean-inspired one pan supper with tasty cutlets, new potatoes, peppers, olives and capers
- 1 ½ lemons , zested and juiced, ½ sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove , crushed
- 6 rosemary sprigs, leaves picked from 4 and chopped
- 8 lamb cutlets , trimmed of excess fat
- 500g new potato , thinly sliced
- 2 red peppers , deseeded and thickly sliced
- 4 small vine tomatoes , halved
- 50g black olive
- 3 tbsp caper , drained and rinsed
- STEP 1
Whisk the lemon zest and juice with 1 tbsp olive oil, the garlic, chopped rosemary leaves and seasoning. Add the lamb cutlets, toss to coat, then set aside to marinate for 30 mins if you have the time. Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7.
- STEP 2
Toss the potatoes with ½ tbsp olive oil and some seasoning. Tip into a large, shallow roasting dish and put in the oven for 15 mins.
- STEP 3
Remove the dish and shake to loosen the potatoes, then top with the peppers, lemon slices, rosemary sprigs and tomatoes. Drizzle with the remaining oil and some seasoning. Return to the oven for 10 mins.
- STEP 4
Place the lamb cutlets on top of the veg. Scatter over the olives and capers. Cook for a final 10-12 mins, turning the lamb halfway until it is just pink. Serve straight from the dish.