- 600g mixed ripe tomato, such as red and yellow cherry, plum and medium vine
A member of the nightshade family (along with aubergines, peppers and chillies), tomatoes are in…
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and finely shredded or grated
The carrot, with its distinctive bright orange colour, is one of the most versatile root…
- bunch spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
Also known as scallions or green onions, spring onions are in fact very young onions, harvested…
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 25g pumpkin seed
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
True Balsamic vinegar is an artisan product from Modena, in Emilia Romagna, Italy, and is made…
Chop the large tomatoes, halve the cherry ones and tip into a large serving bowl. Add the carrots, spring onions, chilli and pumpkin seeds, and toss together.
Mix the extra virgin olive oil with the balsamic, a pinch of salt and a good grinding of black pepper. Pour over the tomatoes and toss together.