Late-summer tomato & carrot salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- No cook
- Serves 6
- 600g mixed ripe tomato , such as red and yellow cherry, plum and medium vine
- 2 medium carrots , peeled and finely shredded or grated
- bunch spring onions , trimmed and finely chopped
- 1 red chilli , deseeded and finely chopped
- 25g pumpkin seed
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- STEP 1
Chop the large tomatoes, halve the cherry ones and tip into a large serving bowl. Add the carrots, spring onions, chilli and pumpkin seeds, and toss together.
- STEP 2
Mix the extra virgin olive oil with the balsamic, a pinch of salt and a good grinding of black pepper. Pour over the tomatoes and toss together.