Lamb tagliata with watercress & tomatoes
- Preparation and cooking time
- Plus marinating
- Serves 4
- handful fresh rosemary , needles chopped
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 thick British boneless lamb leg steaks or steaks cut from lamb rumps (about 450g/1lb in total)
- 250g British baby plum tomato
- 1 tbsp redcurrant jelly
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp caper , drained and rinsed
- 100g bag British watercress , thick stems removed
- 100g feta cheese , crumbled
- good crusty bread , to serve
- STEP 1
Rub the rosemary and 1 tbsp of the oil over the lamb, and leave to marinate for 30 mins at room temperature.
- STEP 2
Heat a frying pan until very hot. Wipe most of the rosemary from the lamb, then season the steaks with plenty of flaky salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add the steaks and the tomatoes to the pan. Sear the meat for 2 mins on one side until golden, then turn and cook for 2 mins more. This will give pink lamb. Transfer the meat and tomatoes to a plate and leave to rest.
- STEP 3
Take the pan from the heat. Spoon in the redcurrant jelly, pour in the vinegar and remaining oil, then whisk to make a warm dressing. Add the capers, plus any juices from the lamb plate.
- STEP 4
Slice the lamb thickly on an angle. Spread over a large platter with the watercress and tomatoes, then finish with a crumbling of cheese. Spoon over the warm dressing and enjoy straight away with crusty bread.