Lamb, spinach & ricotta burgers
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 2 tbsp olive oil , plus 2 tsp
- 4 small onions , 2 halved and finely sliced, 2 grated
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 200g baby spinach leaves
- 300g lamb mince
- 3 tbsp ricotta
- 6 tbsp Greek-style yogurt
- ½small pack mint leaves , finely chopped
- 4 seeded buns (or gluten-free alternative), split in half
- 1-2 large tomatoes , sliced
- STEP 1
Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan. Tip in the sliced onions and cumin seeds, plus seasoning. Cook gently for 20 mins until golden and caramelised.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, put the spinach in a colander and pour over a kettle or two of boiling water to wilt. Squeeze the spinach as dry as possible, chop roughly and put in a large bowl. Add the mince, grated onion, ricotta and seasoning. Mix thoroughly, then shape into 4 burgers. Heat 2 tsp of oil in a non-stick frying pan and cook the burgers for 8-9 mins each side, or until cooked through.
- STEP 3
Mix the yogurt, mint and seasoning in a bowl. Spread a little onto each bun, add the tomatoes and burgers, and put the onions on top. Add an extra dollop of yogurt and serve.