Korean fried rice
- Preparation and cooking time
- Cook: -
- Serves 4
- 250g white basmati rice
- 2 x frying steaks (approx 200g/7oz), sliced into strips
- 3 tbsp chilli sauce (such as sriracha), plus extra to serve
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves , finely sliced
- 6 spring onions , finely sliced
- 1-2 red chillies , finely sliced
- ½ large Savoy cabbage , shredded
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- STEP 1
Cook the rice following pack instructions. Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix the steak strips with the chilli sauce to marinate.
- STEP 2
Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large frying pan or wok over a high heat and stir-fry the meat for 2 mins until beginning to colour. Don’t be tempted to overcook the steak at this stage as you want it slightly pink in the centre. Once done, set aside on a plate.
- STEP 3
Add the garlic and most of the spring onions and chillies to the pan, reserving some to serve, and continue to stir-fry for 2 mins. Add the cabbage and cook gently for 10-12 mins until beginning to soften.
- STEP 4
Return the rice and steak to the pan and mix everything together until well combined. Sprinkle over the sesame seeds, the reserved spring onions and chillies, and drizzle over more chilli sauce to serve.