Jerk chicken & pineapple traybake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
A great chicken dish, full of flavour with jerk seasoning, pineapple and sweet potato, served with rice and black beans. Ideal for a family feast
- 6 chicken thighs, skin on and bone in
- 90g jerk paste
- 3 limes , 1 zested and juiced, 2 cut into wedges, to serve
- 1 pineapple , peeled, cored and chopped into chunks
- 2 sweet potatoes , peeled and chopped into chunks
- 1 red pepper , sliced
- 300g wholegrain rice
- 400g can black beans
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- few thyme sprigs, leaves picked
- 3 Little Gem lettuces , sliced
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Cut the thighs in half lengthways down one side of the bone. Put them in a large roasting tin. Mix the jerk paste with the lime zest and juice and pour over the chicken. Tuck the pineapple pieces, sweet potatoes and peppers in and around the chicken. Season, cover with foil and roast for 30 mins.
- STEP 2
Increase the oven temperature to 220C/200C fan/gas 7, remove the foil, baste the chicken and stir the veg in the cooking juices. Return to the oven for 20-25 mins.
- STEP 3
Meanwhile, cook the rice according to pack instructions, then stir in the beans, coconut oil, thyme leaves and seasoning. Cook for 2-3 mins to warm the beans through and melt the coconut oil. Serve 3 pieces of chicken per person with the vegetables, and the lettuce and rice on the side.