Hot BBQ beef, horseradish & pasta salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 450g lean rump steak
- 2 tbsp dairy and wheat-free Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
For the salad
- 250g 'Free From' fusilli pasta (we used Sainsbury's)
- 1 bunch spring onion , thinly sliced
- 3 red peppers , grilled to remove the skins, deseeded and thickly sliced
- small bunch basil , torn
For the dressing
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 2-3 tbsp freshly grated horseradish , to taste
- STEP 1
Marinate the steak in the Worcester sauce for 10 mins and sprinkle over the black pepper.
- STEP 2
Cook the pasta according to pack instructions, drain, then toss with the spring onions, peppers and basil. Mix the dressing ingredients together, season, then set aside.
- STEP 3
Heat the barbecue or a griddle pan until very hot. Cook the steak for 3 mins on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Cut into thick slices, then toss into the pasta with the dressing. Adjust seasoning to taste and serve.