Chocolate crunch & raspberry pots
- Preparation and cooking time
- A challenge
- Serves 4
You'd never guess this was an allergy free dessert - no nuts, dairy, gluten or eggs. The perfect solution to those tricky menus
- 250g punnet raspberry
- 2 tbsp Cointreau (or Grand Marnier)
- zest and juice from 1 small orange
- 100g pack dairy, gluten and wheat-free, ‘Free From' chocolate (we used Kinnerton Luxury Dark Chocolate Bar)
- 3 tbsp soya milk
- 50g caster sugar
- 6 tbsp gluten, wheat and nut-free muesli muesli (we used The Food Doctor Cereal, nut-free)
- STEP 1
Divide the raspberries between 4 glasses. Sprinkle ½ tbsp of Cointreau and a little orange zest and juice over each, then set aside.
- STEP 2
Melt the chocolate and stir into the soya milk, then set aside. Tip the sugar into a pan along with 3 tbsp water. Over a gentle heat, cook without stirring for about 7 mins until the sugar melts and starts to turn golden brown. Tip in the muesli, stir, then pour onto a tray lined with baking parchment. Leave to cool, then shatter into thin shards.
- STEP 3
Divide the chocolate mixture between the glasses and allow to cool, but don’t refrigerate. Scatter over the caramel crunch to serve.
NOTE TO THE CHEF
Many chocolate manufacturers use nuts in other products, so check that chocolate has been made in a ‘nut-free environment;’ even the slightest trace can be extremely serious.