Harissa aubergine kebabs with minty carrot salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 2 tbsp harissa paste
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 aubergine , cut into 4cm cubes
- 2 carrots , finely shredded
- 1 small red onion , sliced
- small handful mint , chopped, plus extra leaves to serve
- 2 Middle Eastern flatbreads
- 2 heaped tbsp hummus
- Greek yoghurt , to serve
- STEP 1
Mix the harissa and vinegar in a bowl. Remove half and reserve. Toss the aubergine in the remaining harissa sauce and season. Thread onto metal or soaked wooden skewers. Heat a griddle or grill until hot, then cook the kebabs until golden on all sides and cooked through.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, mix together the carrots, onion and mint with some seasoning.
- STEP 3
Top the flatbreads with the hummus, carrot salad and kebabs. Scatter over the extra mint and serve with yogurt and a drizzle of reserved harissa sauce.