Ham & leek cobbler
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 2½ tbsp olive oil
- 450g leek , trimmed and thickly sliced
- 450ml vegetable stock
- 100g self-raising flour , plus a little extra for rolling the dough
- 75ml fat-free natural yogurt
- 1 tsp thyme leaves, plus extra to decorate
- 140g frozen pea
- 85g chunk of ham , shredded
- 1 small apple or ½ large apple, grated
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Heat ½ tbsp oil in a large pan, then fry the leeks, stirring for 5 mins until starting to soften. Add the stock, then simmer for 5 mins.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, tip the flour into a bowl, make a well in the centre, then add the yogurt, remaining oil, thyme leaves and a little salt. Using a cutlery knife, mix to bring together to a soft dough. Divide into 4 and shape into rounds on a floured surface.
- STEP 3
Stir the peas, ham and grated apple into the leeks, then divide between 4 individual pie dishes or one large dish. Top each with a round of dough, scatter with more thyme, then bake for 20 mins until golden.