- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 750g baby new potatoes , halved
- 2 medium red onions , quartered and broken up into large pieces
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 400g can chickpeas , drained
- 1 large red pepper , sliced into strips
- ½ romanesco broccoli or cauliflower (about 400g), cut into small florets
- 250g mixed colour cherry tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves , peeled
- 250g pack reduced fat halloumi , thinly sliced
- small bunch basil , leaves torn
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. Put the potatoes in a large roasting tin with the onion. Pour over 2 tbsp olive oil and roast in the oven for about 30 mins.
- STEP 2
Add the chickpeas, pepper, romanesco, tomatoes and garlic. Drizzle with 2 tbsp oil, then roast for a further 20-25 mins until everything is cooked and browning nicely. Toss together briefly and put the halloumi slices on top. Put it under the grill for 5-10 mins, or until the cheese is melting and browning (keep an eye on it). Scatter over the basil leaves to serve.