- 750g baby new potatoes, halved
- 2 medium red onions, quartered and broken up into large pieces
- 4 tbsp olive oil
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
- 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 1 large red pepper, sliced into strips
- ½ romanesco broccoli or cauliflower (about 400g), cut into small florets
- 250g mixed colour cherry tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 250g pack reduced fat halloumi, thinly sliced
A semi-hard chewy, white cheese originating from Cyprus and made from cow's, goat's or…
- small bunch basil, leaves torn
Most closely associated with Mediterranean cooking but also very prevalent in Asian food, the…
Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. Put the potatoes in a large roasting tin with the onion. Pour over 2 tbsp olive oil and roast in the oven for about 30 mins.
Add the chickpeas, pepper, romanesco, tomatoes and garlic. Drizzle with 2 tbsp oil, then roast for a further 20-25 mins until everything is cooked and browning nicely. Toss together briefly and put the halloumi slices on top. Put it under the grill for 5-10 mins, or until the cheese is melting and browning (keep an eye on it). Scatter over the basil leaves to serve.