Green goddess chicken salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 1 large avocado , stoned, peeled and chopped
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 lime , zested and juiced
- ½ jalapeño , deseeded
- ½ small bunch of basil , torn
- ½ cucumber , sliced diagonally
- 2 medium eggs
- 3 Little Gem lettuces , quartered
- 50g sundried tomatoes
- 2 cooked skinless chicken breasts , shredded
- 2 spring onions , shredded
- 200g cooked quinoa
- 1 tbsp chopped pistachios
- STEP 1
Put the avocado, oil, lime zest and juice, jalapeño, basil, half the cucumber and 1 tbsp water in a blender and blitz until smooth. Season to taste, then set aside in the fridge until ready to use.
- STEP 2
Cook the eggs in a pan of boiling water for 7 mins, then rinse under cold running water to cool. Drain, peel and halve, then set aside.
- STEP 3
Toss the lettuce quarters with the sundried tomatoes, cooked chicken, the spring onions and remaining cucumber. Spread the cooked quinoa over the base of a serving plate, then top with the chicken salad, eggs and the dressing. Scatter over the pistachios and serve.