- Preparation and cooking time
- plus 2 hrs chilling (no cook)
- Serves 4
Try this dazzling take on the classic chilled Spanish soup - this version is made with green veg, herbs and yogurt. Add edible flower ice cubes for extra special presentation
- 100g bag baby spinach
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 large cucumber , deseeded and chopped
- ½ green chilli , deseeded
- ½ small pack parsley
- ½ small pack basil
- ½ small pack mint
- 1 ripe avocado , stoned and peeled
- 4 spring onions , topped and tailed
- 200g natural yogurt
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- drizzle of extra virgin olive oil or rapeseed oil
- handful pea shoots
- edible flowers ice cubes, to serve (see tip, below)
- STEP 1
Put all the ingredients, except the oil, pea shoots and ice cubes, into a food processor with a good pinch of salt and pepper and blitz, adding enough water to get a soupy consistency. Taste, and add a little more vinegar and seasoning if necessary. Chill for up to 24 hrs, or at least 2 hrs.
- STEP 2
To serve, divide between shallow soup bowls, float a few ice cubes in each bowl (see tip, below) and add a scattering of pea shoots and a drizzle of oil before serving.
EDIBLE FLOWER ICE CUBES
To make this chilled soup extra special, freeze edible petals and flowers, such as viola, rose, borage, nasturtium and pansy, into ice cubes. These will keep for up to 2 months in the freezer. You can also add them to cocktails.