Greek lamb with potatoes & olives
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 800g medium-size potatoes , skin on, thinly sliced
- 4 large tomatoes , thinly sliced
- 1 aubergine , thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves , chopped
- 3 tbsp oregano leaves, plus extra for sprinkling
- 85g pitted Kalamata olives , halved
- 5 tbsp olive oil , plus a drizzle
- 100g feta cheese , crumbled
- 4 lamb steaks
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Layer up half the potato, tomato and aubergine in a baking dish, scattering with garlic, oregano and olives, and drizzling with oil and seasoning as you go.
- STEP 2
Scatter over the feta, then repeat the layers until all the ingredients are used up. Finish with potatoes and a little oil.
- STEP 3
Bake for 50 mins or until the veg are tender (cover with foil if they’re getting too brown). Top with the lamb steaks, rubbing with a little more oil and seasoning. Bake for 15-20 mins more until the lamb is cooked. Allow to rest and cool a bit before scattering with oregano and serving with crusty bread.