- ½ quantity pizza dough (see recipe in 'goes well with', left), divided into 2 balls
- 1 shallot, cut into half moons
Related to the onion (as opposed to being a younger version of it), shallots grow in clusters at…
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
True Balsamic vinegar is an artisan product from Modena, in Emilia Romagna, Italy, and is made…
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, very finely sliced
- handful vine-ripened or cherry tomatoes (a mixture of red and yellow is nice), halved or quartered
- 1 ball buffalo mozzarella, drained
- 10 basil leaves
- 10 mild black olives (small ones like Couchillo)
Prepare the dough following the instructions in Basic pizza dough recipe in 'goes well with', right.
Place the shallots in 1 tbsp of the vinegar, along with some salt to slightly pickle, and let sit while you cook one side of the pizzas.
Drizzle the cooked side of the pizzas with 1 tbsp olive oil each, then divide the garlic between them. Season and grill, uncooked-side down, until crisp. 4 Remove the pizzas and top with the tomatoes, cheese, basil, olives and the remaining olive oil and vinegar. Drain the shallots and sprinkle over. Season everything and serve.