Garlic pizza with tomato & mozzarella
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 2 pizzas (serves 4)
- ½ quantity pizza dough
- 1 shallot , cut into half moons
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves , very finely sliced
- handful vine-ripened or cherry tomatoes (a mixture of red and yellow is nice), halved or quartered
- 1 ball buffalo mozzarella , drained
- 10 basil leaves
- 10 mild black olives (small ones like Couchillo)
- STEP 1
Prepare the dough following the instructions in our basic pizza dough recipe.
- STEP 2
Place the shallots in 1 tbsp of the vinegar, along with some salt to slightly pickle, and let sit while you cook one side of the pizzas.
- STEP 3
Drizzle the cooked side of the pizzas with 1 tbsp olive oil each, then divide the garlic between them. Season and grill, uncooked-side down, until crisp. 4 Remove the pizzas and top with the tomatoes, cheese, basil, olives and the remaining olive oil and vinegar. Drain the shallots and sprinkle over. Season everything and serve.