Full English frittata
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 8 eggs
- 50g soured cream
- 2 tsp olive oil , plus extra for greasing
- 4 rashers bacon , cut into strips
- 12 button mushrooms , sliced
- 4 leftover roast potatoes , cut into bite-size chunks
- 4 leftover cooked chipolatas , cut into bite-size portions
- fresh bread and brown sauce, to serve
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. First of all, beat the eggs with a whisk in a bowl, then whisk in the soured cream and seasoning. Heat a non-stick pan, add the oil, then fry the bacon and mushrooms until caramelised and cooked through. Towards the end, toss in the leftover sausages and roast potato chunks and allow them to heat up in the pan alongside the bacon and mushrooms.
- STEP 2
Tip the contents of the pan into a small, lightly greased roasting tin, then pour over the egg mixture. Bake until the egg has risen slightly and set. Serve with fresh bread and brown sauce (or tomato sauce to add a splash of colour).