Fish parcels with romesco sauce & veg
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Romesco sauce is made from peppers, almonds, chilli and garlic. Team with white fish and a cauliflower and spring onion mix
- 2 firm white fish fillets (we used cod)
- 4 lemon slices
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cauliflower , cut into wedges
- 10 spring onions , ends trimmed, roots left intact
- 1 slice sourdough bread , torn into chunks
- 1 red chilli (deseeded if you don't like it too hot)
- 2 garlic cloves , sliced
- 10 blanched almonds
- 2 ready-roasted red peppers , from a jar
- 1 tomato , peeled (see tip, below)
- ½ tsp sherry vinegar
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put each fish fillet on a large piece of baking parchment and top each with a few slices of lemon and a sprig of thyme. Drizzle with 1 tsp of the oil and season. Fold over the top edges of each piece of parchment to make a seal, then scrunch up the ends like a sweet wrapper. Put the parcels on a baking sheet and bake in oven for 15 mins.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, steam the cauliflower for 4 mins, then add the spring onions for 3 mins more or until tender. Pat dry, then toss the veg in 2 tsp olive oil and season. In a large frying pan, toast the bread pieces in the remaining oil, then add the chilli and garlic, and cook for 1 min. Tip into a food processor with the nuts, peppers, tomato and vinegar, and pulse until you have a rough paste. Season and put to one side.
- STEP 3
Wipe then heat the frying pan. Add the cauliflower wedges and spring onions, and cook for a few mins each side to brown. Serve alongside the fish and sauce.