- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 300g basmati rice
- 1 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil
- 2 large onions , sliced
- 2 garlic cloves , chopped
- 450g tomatoes , cut into chunks
- 3 tbsp tikka curry paste
- 400g can coconut milk
- 4 skinless, boneless pollock fillets (about 150g/51/2oz each), or other sustainable white fish, cut into 4cm/11/2in chunks
- ½ small pack coriander , roughly chopped
- STEP 1
Put a large saucepan of water on to boil and cook the rice following pack instructions. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large, wide saucepan over a medium heat and add the onions. Cook for 5-10 mins until softened and starting to colour. Add the garlic and tomatoes, and fry for 2 mins. Add the curry paste, fry for 2 mins more, then pour in the coconut milk and bring to the boil.
- STEP 2
Add the fish to the pan and simmer gently for 5-8 mins until just cooked through. Turn off the heat. Sprinkle the coriander over the curry and serve with the rice.