- 1 tbsp vegetable oil or rapeseed oil
- 2 peppers, any colour you like, sliced
- 1 red onion, halved and sliced
- 400g can mixed beans, drained
- 2 tsp-2 tbsp fajita spice mix (depending on how spicy you like it)
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- small bunch coriander, chopped
- 4 corn tortillas
- 100g low-fat soured cream
- 30g grated cheddar
Once cheddar was 'Cheddar', a large, hard-pressed barrel of cheese made by a particular…
Heat the oil in a pan. Fry the peppers and onion until soft, about 10 mins. Add the beans, fajita spice mix, chopped tomatoes and some seasoning. Bubble for 5 mins to reduce the tomatoes a little, then stir in most of the coriander. Heat the grill and warm the tortillas in the microwave for 30 seconds.
Spread a quarter of the pepper and onion mixture over the base of an ovenproof dish (a round one, if possible) or frying pan. Top with some of the soured cream and a warm tortilla, then repeat the layers three more times, finishing off with a final layer of soured cream. Sprinkle over the cheese and grill for 5 mins, or until golden and bubbling. Scatter with the remaining coriander before serving.