Egg fried rice with prawns & peas
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 250g basmati rice
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves , finely chopped
- 1 red chilli , deseeded and shredded
- 2 eggs , beaten
- 200g frozen pea
- 1 bunch spring onions , finely sliced
- 285g pack cooked small prawns
- 1 tbsp soy sauce , plus extra for serving, if you like
- STEP 1
Put the rice in a saucepan with 600ml water. Bring to boil, cover, then simmer for 10 mins or until almost all the water has gone. Leave off the heat, covered, for 5 mins more.
- STEP 2
Heat the oil in wok or large frying pan. Add the garlic and chilli, then cook for 10 secs – making sure not to let it burn. Throw in the cooked rice, stir fry for 1 min, then push to the side of the pan. Pour the eggs into the empty side of the pan, then scramble them, stirring. Once just set, stir the peas and spring onions into the rice and egg, then cook for 2 mins until the peas are tender. Add the prawns and soy sauce, heat through, then serve with extra soy sauce on the side, if you like.