Easy egg muffins
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 8 (serves 4)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 150g broccoli , finely chopped
- 1 red pepper , finely chopped
- 2 spring onions , sliced
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tbsp milk
- large pinch of smoked paprika
- 50g cheddar or gruyère, grated
- small handful of chives , chopped (optional)
- STEP 1
Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 4. Brush half the oil in an 8-hole muffin tin. Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and add the broccoli, pepper and spring onions. Fry for 5 mins. Set aside to cool.
- STEP 2
Whisk the eggs with the milk, smoked paprika and half the cheese in a bowl. Add the cooked veg. Pour the egg mixture into the muffin holes and top each with the remaining cheese and a few chives, if you like. Bake for 15-17 mins or until golden brown and cooked through.