- 1 small white cabbage (around 680g), finely shredded
The cabbage, or brassica, family is huge, and includes everything from the familiar red, white…
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced lengthways
The carrot, with its distinctive bright orange colour, is one of the most versatile root…
- 50ml apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp golden caster sugar
- ½ small pack coriander, leaves only, roughly chopped
Mix the cabbage with the onion and carrots in a heatproof bowl. Heat the vinegar, sugar and 1 tsp salt in a pan over a low heat until dissolved, then pour over the vegetables and mix well.
Put the slaw in the fridge for at least 30 mins or until ready to serve. Just before serving, stir through the coriander leaves and season well, to taste.
Spice up your slawSpice up your slaw with a few drops of Cholula Hot Sauce, but be careful – it packs a punch!