- Preparation and cooking time
- plus chilling
- Serves 4
- 1 small white cabbage (around 680g), finely shredded
- 1 red onion , finely sliced
- 2 carrots , thinly sliced lengthways
- 50ml apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp golden caster sugar
- ½ small pack coriander , leaves only, roughly chopped
- STEP 1
Mix the cabbage with the onion and carrots in a heatproof bowl. Heat the vinegar, sugar and 1 tsp salt in a pan over a low heat until dissolved, then pour over the vegetables and mix well.
- STEP 2
Put the slaw in the fridge for at least 30 mins or until ready to serve. Just before serving, stir through the coriander leaves and season well, to taste.