Curried fish tacos with bean salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Finger food at its best, this dish counts as 3 of your 5-a-day. Give it an extra kick with a hit of chilli, or swap fish for chicken
- 1 ripe avocado , peeled and chopped
- juice ½ lemon
- ½ can kidney bean , rinsed and drained
- finger-length cucumber chunk, diced
- 85g cherry tomato , havled
- 2 skinless haddock fillets, about 140g/5oz each
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tbsp mild curry powder
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 4 tacos shells, soured cream and lime wedges to serve
- STEP 1
Mix the avocado with the lemon juice in a bowl. Add the beans, cucumber and tomatoes, then mix well with some seasoning. Slice the fish into thick, finger-length strips and toss in a bowl with the flour and curry powder.
- STEP 2
Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan, then fry the fish slices for 1 min on each side until cooked through. Serve in the tacos, with the bean salad, soured cream and lime wedges.
MAKE IT WITH CHICKEN
SPICY CHICKEN TORTILLAS Slice 2 chicken breasts into strips and toss in 1 tsp Cajun spice mix and 1 tbsp plain flour. Fry in a little oil for a few mins on each side until cooked through, then serve with the tacos, bean salad, soured cream and lime wedges.