Cumin-spiced halloumi with corn & tomato slaw
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
For the slaw
- 1 lime , zested and juiced
- 3 tbsp bio yogurt
- 3 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- 1 red chilli , deseeded and chopped
- 160g corn , cut from 2 fresh cobs
- 1 red pepper , deseeded and chopped
- 100g fine green beans , blanched, trimmed and halved
- 200g cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1 red onion , halved and finely sliced
- 320g white cabbage , finely sliced
- STEP 1
Mix the lime zest and juice with the oil, thyme, turmeric, cumin, coriander and garlic together in a bowl. Add the halloumi and carefully turn it until coated – take care as it breaks easily.
- STEP 2
To make the slaw, mix the lime juice and zest, yogurt, coriander and chilli together, then stir in the corn, red pepper, beans, tomatoes, onion and cabbage.
- STEP 3
Heat a large non-stick frying pan or griddle pan and fry the cheese in batches for 1 min each side. Serve the slaw on plates with the halloumi slices on top. If you're cooking for two people, serve half of the halloumi and slaw and chill the rest for lunch another day.