Crunchy bulgur salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 200g bulgur wheat
- 150g frozen edamame (podded)
- 2 Romano peppers , sliced into rounds, seeds removed
- 150g radishes , finely sliced
- 75g whole blanched almonds
- small bunch mint , finely chopped
- small bunch parsley , finely chopped
- 2 oranges
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- STEP 1
Cook the bulgur following pack instructions, then drain and tip into a large serving bowl to cool. Meanwhile, put the edamame beans in a small bowl, pour over boiling water, leave for 1 min, then drain. Put in a serving bowl with the peppers, radishes, almonds, mint and parsley.
- STEP 2
Peel one orange, carefully cut away the segments and add to the bowl. Squeeze the juice of the other into a jam jar with the oil. Season well and shake to emulsify. If you're following our Healthy Diet Plan - separate the salad into four bowls or lunchboxes, pour half of the dressing onto the two portions being eaten today and store the remainder in the fridge for a later day. The salad will keep in the fridge for 2 days.