- 300g fat-free cottage cheese
- 100g cherry tomatoes, chopped
- ½ lemon, zested
Oval in shape, with a pronouced bulge on one end, lemons are one of the most versatile fruits…
- 50g parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), grated, plus extra for serving
Parmesan is a straw-coloured hard cheese with a natural yellow rind and rich, fruity flavour. It…
- 25g fresh mixed herbs (basil, parsley and thyme work best), chopped, plus extra for serving
- 50g spinach, finely chopped
Used in almost every cuisine across the world, spinach is an enormously popular green vegetable…
- 75g plain flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
In a bowl, combine all ingredients except the flour and oil. Mix well, then stir in the flour.
Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Working in batches of two or three (the mixture should make six fritters), spoon large blobs into the pan and flatten with the back of the spoon to make thick discs. Turn when crisp and golden on the bottom. When both sides are cooked, remove from the pan and keep warm in a low oven while you fry the next batch.
Serve hot, sprinkled with parmesan and herbs.