Classic sausage & mash
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 12 organic free-range pork chipolatas
- 500g organic potatoes , chopped into even-sized chunks
- 25g organic butter , plus extra to serve
- 50ml organic full-fat milk
- 2 organic carrots , sliced
- 250g organic broccoli , separated into florets
- 198g can organic sweetcorn , drained
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put the chipolatas on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 35-40 mins or until cooked through and golden.
- STEP 2
Put the potatoes in a large pan of water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 20 mins, drain and allow to steam-dry. Push through a potato ricer (if you have one) or mash well with a potato masher.
- STEP 3
Put the carrots and broccoli in a steamer set over a pan of simmering water, and steam for 6-8 mins or until just tender. Put the sweetcorn in a small pan with about 3 tbsp water and heat through for 3-5 mins.
- STEP 4
Warm the butter and milk in a saucepan until the butter has melted, then pour over the potatoes. Beat well until creamy, then season well. Pile the chipolatas onto the mash and top with a knob of butter so that it melts over everything. Serve with the broccoli, carrots and sweetcorn on the side.