Clams with sherry & Serrano ham
- Preparation and cooking time
- Cook: -
- Serves 4 as part of a tapas spread
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ onion , very finely chopped
- 500g fresh clams
- 50g serrano ham
- 2 garlic cloves , finely chopped
- 100ml fino sherry
- handful of parsley , roughly chopped
- STEP 1
In a medium pan with a lid, heat the oil and cook the onion for 5-7 mins to soften. Rinse the clams in a colander and discard any that are opened and will not close with a sharp tap. Add the ham and garlic to the onion and cook for 1 min.
- STEP 2
Add the clams to the pan with the sherry, bring to the boil, cover and cook for 4-5 mins until the clams have all opened (discard any that haven’t). Serve immediately, sprinkled with parsley.