- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 750g skinless and boneless chicken thigh , cut into large chunks
- 2 onions , thickly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves , thinly sliced
- 400ml medium dry cider
- 175g half-fat crème fraîche
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- small pack parsley , chopped
- few thyme sprigs , leaves picked, about ½ tbsp
- cooked rice and Tenderstem broccoli , to serve
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a large lidded non-stick pan (we used a wide, high-sided frying pan) and cook the chicken for 3-4 mins on each side until browned. Remove with a slotted spoon, then add the onions to the pan. Cook for 3 mins, then stir in the garlic and cook for 1 min more. Pour in the cider and bring to the boil. Return the chicken to the pan, cover with a lid and simmer for 10 mins.
- STEP 2
After 10 mins, remove the lid and stir in the crème fraîche, mustard and herbs. Bubble for another 5 mins, then season. Serve with rice and Tenderstem broccoli.