Chorizo & pea risotto
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 1 tbsp oil
- 200g chorizo, peeled and chopped
- 300g arborio risotto rice
- 2 tbsp vinegar (white wine vinegar if you have it)
- 1.2l chicken stock (fresh is best), heated until simmering
- 200g frozen peas
- 60g parmesan, finely grated, plus extra to serve
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a large frying pan, tip in the chorizo and fry until it is crisp and all the oil has been released. Remove a quarter of the chorizo with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- STEP 2
Tip the rice into the pan, stir to coat it in the oil and toast for a min or so, then pour in the vinegar. Once the vinegar has evaporated, add a ladleful of the stock, stir then, once absorbed, add a bit more. Continue doing this for about 20 mins until most of the stock has been absorbed and the rice has swollen but still has a slight bite.
- STEP 3
Tip in the peas, parmesan and the remaining stock. Give everything a good stir. Once the cheese has melted, season with black pepper, then divide between bowls, topping each portion with the remaining crisp chorizo and extra grated parmesan.