- 100g mini cooking chorizo, skins removed
A coarsely textured, spiced pork sausage widely used in Spanish and Mexican cooking. It is made…
- 3 pork sausages, squeezed from their skins
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp lime juice, plus wedges to serve
- small bunch coriander, chopped
- ½ x 400g can mixed beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium egg, lightly whisked
- 1½ tbsp olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
- 2 ciabatta rolls, split and toasted
- soured cream, avocado, small handful rocket and chips, to serve (optional)
In a food processor, pulse the chorizo, sausagemeat, paprika, lime juice and coriander until well combined. Add the beans and some seasoning, and quickly pulse again to mix. Tip into a bowl and mix in just enough egg (about half) to bind. Shape into 2 fat burgers, cover and chill for 15 mins. Meanwhile, heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the burgers for 3 mins on each side. Transfer to a baking sheet and cook in the oven for a further 10 mins until cooked through.
Serve the burgers in rolls with soured cream, avocado and rocket, with chips and lime wedges on the side, if you like.