- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 1 onion , chopped
- 1 garlic clove , sliced
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1-2 tbsp chipotle paste (see tip, below)
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 8 skinless chicken thigh fillets
- small bunch coriander , chopped
- soured cream and rice, to serve
- STEP 1
Fry the onion and garlic in the oil in a deep, wide frying pan until soft. Add the chipotle paste (use 1 tbsp for a mild flavour and 2 tbsp for a hotter, stronger one). Stir and cook for 1 min, then add the tomatoes and cider vinegar. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 mins with the lid half on. Stir to make sure it doesn’t get too dry.
- STEP 2
Add the chicken and cook for 10 mins or until cooked through, turning once. Scatter with coriander and serve with rice and soured cream.