Chilli, maple & ginger glazed vegan cocktail sausages
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2-3 as a canapé or snack
- 1-2 red chillies, finely chopped (deseeded if you like), plus extra to serve
- 50ml maple syrup
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 10g ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 12 meat-free cocktail sausages
- sesame seeds, for sprinkling
- handful of coriander leaves and lime wedges, to serve
- STEP 1
Combine the chillies, maple syrup, vinegar, ginger and sesame oil in a small pan, and bring to a simmer over a low heat. Cook for 2-3 mins until slightly reduced. Remove from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
- STEP 2
Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Line a roasting tin with foil, then tip in the sausages, half the glaze and a sprinkle of sesame seeds. Toss well and season. Cook in the oven for 20-25 mins, turning halfway through, until cooked through and sticky. Pour the remaining glaze into a small dish and scatter with some more sesame seeds. Serve the sausages scattered with some extra chillies and the coriander, with some lime wedges and the glaze on the side for dipping.