Chicken & olive casserole
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
A simple midweek chicken stew with rich tomato, olive and caper sauce. Serve with rice or bread
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion , finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , finely sliced
- 8 large boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 large rosemary sprig, leaves picked and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp sundried tomato paste
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 100g pitted green and black olive with herbs
- 2 tbsp caper
- small bunch flat-leaf parsley , roughly chopped
- rice , to serve
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a large saucepan or flameproof casserole dish on a medium heat, add the onion and cook for a few mins. Add the garlic and cook for 1 min more. Remove the onion and garlic from the pan and set aside on a plate.
- STEP 2
Turn up the heat, add the chicken and cook for a few mins each side until golden.
- STEP 3
Return the onion and garlic to the pan with the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook for 20 mins until the chicken is cooked through, juicy and tender, and the sauce is rich and thickened. Serve with rice.