- 2 tbsp olive oil
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
Onions are endlessly versatile and an essential ingredient in countless recipes. Native to Asia…
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 8 large boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 large rosemary sprig, leaves picked and finely chopped
Rosemary's intense, fragrant aroma has traditionally been paired with lamb, chicken and game…
- 2 tbsp sundried tomato paste
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 100g pitted green and black olive with herbs
Widely grown all over the Mediterranean, where they've been cultivated since biblical times…
- 2 tbsp caper
Capers are the small flower buds of the Capparis shrub that grows in the Mediterranean. As they…
- small bunch flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
One of the most ubiquitous herbs in British cookery, parsley is also popular in European and…
- rice, to serve
Rice is a grain, the seed of a type of grass, which is the most widely grown and the most…
Heat the oil in a large saucepan or flameproof casserole dish on a medium heat, add the onion and cook for a few mins. Add the garlic and cook for 1 min more. Remove the onion and garlic from the pan and set aside on a plate.
Turn up the heat, add the chicken and cook for a few mins each side until golden.
Return the onion and garlic to the pan with the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook for 20 mins until the chicken is cooked through, juicy and tender, and the sauce is rich and thickened. Serve with rice.