Cheesy spinach & artichoke dip
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 8 - 10
- vegetable oil, for the dish
- 300g chopped frozen spinach, defrosted
- 250g soft cheese
- 150ml soured cream
- 100g mayonnaise
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely grated
- 75g vegetarian hard cheese, grated
- 100g grated mozzarella
- 100g grated vegetarian cheddar
- 2 x 280g jars artichokes, drained and roughly chopped
- tortilla chips and crudités of your choice, to serve
- STEP 1
Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/ gas 4. Lightly oil a small baking dish. Tip the defrosted spinach into a sieve set over the sink and press down with the back of a large spoon to remove as much liquid as possible. Set aside.
- STEP 2
Whisk the soft cheese, soured cream and mayonnaise together in a medium bowl until well-combined. Add the garlic, most of the cheeses, all the spinach and the artichokes. Season with black pepper and fold everything together to combine.
- STEP 3
Spoon the mixture into the baking dish and sprinkle over the remaining cheese. Will keep, covered in the fridge, for up to a day. Bake for 25-30 mins until bubbling and golden. If you like an extra-crisp top, flash under a hot grill for the final few minutes of cooking time. Leave to stand for 5 mins, then serve with tortilla chips and crudités.