Cheat's duck, hoisin and cucumber lettuce cups
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 12
- 2 duck breasts (about 340g), skin and fat removed then each breast cut into 6 thin strips
- ½ tsp five spice powder
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 50ml hoisin sauce
- 4 spring onions , thinly sliced on a diagonal
- ½ cucumber , ends trimmed, cut in half widthways, spiralized into thin noodles and squeezed dry to remove excess water
- 3 baby gem lettuces , leaves separated
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- STEP 1
On the chopping board you used to slice the duck, toss the duck strips in the five spice and a generous pinch of flaky sea salt and black pepper.
- STEP 2
Heat a wok or non-stick, large, high-sided frying pan over a high heat. Once really hot add the oil along with the seasoned strips of duck breast and stir-fry for 2 mins. Reduce the heat slightly and spoon in the hoisin sauce, toss everything together and stir-fry for another min until the duck is just cooked then remove from the heat.
- STEP 3
Divide the spring onions, spiralized cucumber and hoisin duck between the lettuce leaves then top with a sprinkling of sesame seeds to serve.