- Preparation and cooking time
- Cook: -
- Serves 4
- 900g potatoes , cut into chunks
- 1 large celeriac (about 650g/1lb 7oz), peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 garlic clove , peeled but left whole
- 50ml double cream
- 25g butter , plus extra to serve
- 5 spring onions , sliced
- STEP 1
Put the potato, celeriac and garlic in a pan of cold water, place over a medium heat and cook for 20-25 mins until tender. Drain, mash, then stir in the double cream and butter.
- STEP 2
Season to taste, stir through the spring onions and serve with a knob of butter on top.