Carrot cake porridge
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 3 (or 2 adults and 2 children)
- 2 small carrots , peeled and grated
- 180g porridge oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- grating of fresh nutmeg
- 75g raisins
- 850ml milk (cow’s or plant milk work well)
- 1 tbsp nut butter , such as almond (optional)
- honey , to serve (optional)
- STEP 1
Put all the ingredients apart from the honey in a pan and cook over a medium heat for 10-15 mins, stirring often, until the oats and carrots are soft and the porridge is creamy.
- STEP 2
Add a little more milk as it cooks if it’s too thick. Serve with a splash more milk and a drizzle of honey, if you like.