- 300g long-grain rice
Rice is a grain, the seed of a type of grass, which is the most widely grown and the most…
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
Onions are endlessly versatile and an essential ingredient in countless recipes. Native to Asia…
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1-2 red chillies (deseeded if you don’t like it too hot), finely chopped
- 200ml coconut milk
- 400g tomatoes, diced
A member of the nightshade family (along with aubergines, peppers and chillies), tomatoes are in…
- 200g green beans, topped and sliced in half
- 300g peeled raw king prawns
- juice 1 lime
The same shape, but smaller than…
- small pack coriander, chopped
- 50g roasted unsalted peanuts, roughly chopped
Bring a pan of water to boil and cook the rice following pack instructions.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onion, garlic and chillies, and cook for 10 mins on a low heat until soft. Add the coconut milk and bubble for another 4 mins.
Add the tomatoes and beans, and cook for 5 mins until the tomatoes start to collapse. Add the prawns and cook for 3 mins until pink and cooked through.
Stir in the lime juice, sprinkle over the coriander and nuts, and serve with the rice.