Brazilian prawn & coconut stew
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Give king prawns a Brazilian twist in this spicy coconut, prawn and green bean stew topped with salted peanuts and served with rice
- 300g long-grain rice
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion , finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , finely chopped
- 1-2 red chillies (deseeded if you don’t like it too hot), finely chopped
- 200ml coconut milk
- 400g tomatoes , diced
- 200g green beans , topped and sliced in half
- 300g peeled raw king prawns
- juice 1 lime
- small pack coriander , chopped
- 50g roasted unsalted peanuts , roughly chopped
- STEP 1
Bring a pan of water to boil and cook the rice following pack instructions.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onion, garlic and chillies, and cook for 10 mins on a low heat until soft. Add the coconut milk and bubble for another 4 mins.
- STEP 3
Add the tomatoes and beans, and cook for 5 mins until the tomatoes start to collapse. Add the prawns and cook for 3 mins until pink and cooked through.
- STEP 4
Stir in the lime juice, sprinkle over the coriander and nuts, and serve with the rice.