Asian quinoa stir-fry
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2 - 3
- 100g dried quinoa
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 small red onion , thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove , grated
- thumb-sized piece ginger , grated
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp wheat-free tamari
- 1 red pepper , cut in 1cm/ 1/2 slices
- 1 large courgette (about 250g/9oz), sliced
- 100g green beans , tailed and cut in half
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- small pack coriander , roughly chopped
For the dressing
- zest and juice 2 limes
- pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- ½ garlic clove , crushed
- ½ tsp brown rice vinegar
- 1 tsp wheat-free tamari
- STEP 1
Cook the quinoa following pack instructions and leave to cool.
- STEP 2
In a large frying pan or wok, pour in the sesame oil, onion, garlic, ginger, ground coriander and tamari and fry on a medium-high heat for 2 mins until the moisture starts to evaporate, then add 3 tbsp water. Leave to fry for 1 min more, add the pepper and fry for another 2 mins.
- STEP 3
Add 4 tbsp water then after 2 mins, add the green beans and 125ml water.
- STEP 4
After another 2 mins, add the courgette, 125ml water and leave to cook for 3 mins, then take off the heat.
- STEP 5
Make the dressing by putting all the ingredients in a jug and whisking until smooth. Mix the quinoa into the veg, add the dressing and mix together with the sesame seeds. Stir through the coriander to serve.