Asian prawn & quinoa salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
For the salad
- 60g quinoa
- 150g cooked shelled prawns
- 1 small avocado , stoned and sliced
- ¼ cucumber , halved and sliced
- 50g watercress
- 100g cherry tomatoes , halved
For the dressing
- finely grated zest and juice 1 large lime
- 1 red chilli , deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 spring onions , trimmed and finely chopped
- 1 tsp wheat-free tamari
- handful coriander , chopped
- 1 tsp rapeseed oil
- ½ tsp maple syrup
- STEP 1
Boil the quinoa in a small pan for 15 mins until the grains are tender and look like they have burst. Drain well and tip into a bowl. Meanwhile, make the dressing: mix the lime zest and juice and the chilli in a bowl.
- STEP 2
Stir half the dressing into the quinoa with the spring onions, tamari and half the coriander. Stir in all the salad vegetables, then spoon onto two serving plates.
- STEP 3
Stir the oil and maple syrup into the remaining dressing and toss in the prawns. Spoon onto the quinoa salad and scatter over the coriander to serve.