Artichoke & pecorino bruschetta
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 140g artichoke in olive oil, drained
- pinch of chilli flakes
- small handful mint leaves
- zest ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil , plus extra for drizzling
- 2 large or 4 small slices of crusty bread
- 1 garlic clove , sliced
- 50g pecorino , thinly sliced (or vegetarian alternative)
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Halve or quarter the artichokes, if whole, and put them in a bowl with the chilli flakes, mint, zest and oil. Season lightly with salt and set aside.
- STEP 2
Put the bread on a baking sheet and scatter over the garlic. Drizzle with olive oil and season with sea salt. Bake for 10 mins, or until golden and crisp. Set aside to cool.
- STEP 3
Fold the pecorino through the marinated artichokes and spoon over the garlic bruschetta just before eating.