Amaretti peaches with honey & chocolate
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Takes 35-45 minutes
- Serves 6
- 6large just ripe but firm peaches
- 15 loose (or 9 paper-wrapped) amaretti biscuits
- scant blanched almond
- 85g dark chocolate (minimum 60% cocoa solids), roughly broken
- 1large egg , beaten
- 2 tbsp honey – clear or set
- 500g tub crème fraîche or mascarpone
- a little cocoa powder
- STEP 1
Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6/fan 180C. Halve and stone the peaches, then dig out a little flesh from the centre of each half, using a sharp-edged soup spoon. Put flesh and peaches to one side.
- STEP 2
Tip the amaretti, almonds and chocolate into a food processor and pulse until the mixture is like coarse gravel. Add the spooned-out peach flesh, egg and honey and whizz for just a second or two to combine – don't over-process.
- STEP 3
Spoon the stuffing into the peach halves, mounding it up a little. Arrange the peaches in a single layer in a heavy baking tin, then bake for 25-30 minutes or until the flesh is tender and the stuffing nicely browned. Serve hot, with a dollop of mascarpone or crème fraîche and a dusting of sifted cocoa powder.