All-in-one chicken traybake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Ready in 30 mins
- Serves 4
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts, skin on
- 750g new potato , sliced
- large pinch dried thyme or fresh if you have it
- 4 garlic cloves , peeled, but left whole
- 450g jar mixed roasted peppers , cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 oranges , each cut into eight segments
- 200g jar pitted black olives in brine, drained
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a large flameproof roasting tin, then fry the chicken, skin side down, and the potatoes for 8 mins or until the chicken skin is crisp and golden. Turn the chicken and potatoes, then continue to cook for a further minute.
- STEP 2
Add the thyme and garlic, then stir to coat everything.
- STEP 3
Roast everything for 15 mins until the potatoes are soft. Remove the tray from the oven and throw in the peppers, orange segments and olives and roast for 5 mins more until the chicken and potatoes are completely cooked. To serve, bring the tray to the table and let everyone help themselves.