Chocolate Yogurt and Granola
Member recipe by tan_tan
ServingsServes 1 - 2
- FOR THE SUPERBERRY GRANOLA
- 45g Jumbo Oats
- 2 tbsp Wheat Germ
- 1/2 tbsp Dark Brown Sugar
- Pinch Salt
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 1/2 tbsp Flavourless Oil
- 1/2 tbsp Water
- 2 tbsp Dried Cherries, Cranberries, Blueberries
- 1 tbsp Sliced Almonds
- Few Drops Almond Essence
- FOR THE CHOCOLATEY YOGURT
- 300g Vanilla Flavour Yogurt
- 2 tsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 tsp Granulated Sugar
- 2 tsp Milk
- Preheat oven to gas 1. Line and grease a small metal tray
- Mix oats, wheat germ, brown sugar, salt and sliced almonds in a bowl. Place honey, oil, water, almond essence in a saucepan and heat gently until combined together.
- Drizzle honey syrup over oat mix,stir well. Pour mixture into prepared tray.
- Working a hanful at a time, squeeze the cereal to form clumps. Bake for 45 minutes or until light golden. Stir in dried fruit and bake for further 15 minutes. Allow to cool for at least 1 hour.
- For Chocolate Yogurt, sieve cocoa powder into a small microwave safe bowl to get rid of any lumps. Add 2 tsp milk and mix to form paste. Add 2 tsp sugar and microwave for a few seconds to dissolve sugar. Allow to cool completely before stiring into vanilla yogurt.
- Divide Yogurt between 2 bowls, sprinkle with Granola, and serve
- MAKE THE GRANOLA CHOCOLATELY substitute vanilla essence for the almond, and add 1 tbsp cocoa to the honey syrup with an extra tsp sugar. Leave out the berries and almonds if you prefer.