Member recipe by zadinarre
- 6 fresh tomatoes
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- Olive oil
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 large potato, chopped into chunks
- ¼ grated fresh medium-size ginger
- 100g broadbeans
- Handful of red lentils
- Water to cover lentils
- 1 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2tsp cumin, coriander, turmeric,
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper
- Boil tomatoes and carrot in a pan of water for 10-15 mins, leave to cool
- Heat a pan on medium heat with 2 tbsp olive oil. Put leek and chilli into pan, cook for 2-3 minutes. Add potato to leek with the fresh ginger.
- Peel skin of tomatoes and blitz with carrots until puréed. Add to pan with vegetables.
- Empty the washed broad beans into the pan with the lentils and spices. Season a little and simmer for 40 minutes. Stir occasionally and add a little water if it gets too dry.
- Season to taste and serve with rice and poppadoms.