Triple Chicken Enchiladas
Member recipe by sheepcat
A healthy, filling and delicious meal to cook for a casual get together. The ultimate Saturday night TV nosh. If you find it too filling just have 2 tortillas each!
- 4 Chicken breasts chopped to small bite size chunks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp crushed chillies
- 1 tbsp honey
- 12 Flour tortillas
- 2 yellow peppers flesh finely diced
- 2 red onions finely diced
- Bunch of coriander well chopped
- 250g jar of salsa, hot or mild up to you
- 300g tasty cheddar cheese grated
- 300 ml soured cream
- Pre heat the oven to Gas mark 6
- Fry the chicken in the olive oil with the crushed chillies until just done, about ten to fifteen minutes depending on the size of the chunks, add the honey and stir to coat the chicken well, remove from the heat.
- Now comes the time consuming part! You need to fill all 12 tortillas with the ingredients, leaving about a third of each for the topping. I do this in two batches of 6 tortillas, as it takes up a lot of room doing them all at once, remember all 12 tortillas need filling and there should be a little of everything left at the end, you will see why!
- Fill each tortilla in turn, chicken, salsa, soured cream, grated cheese, pepper, red onion and coriander, after filling roll up each tortilla and place on a lightly oiled baking tray.
- Once all twelve tortillas are on the baking tray top them with the left over ingredients starting by spreading the top with soured cream and salsa then adding the peppers and onion and finally the cheese.
- Pop in the middle of the oven for about 20 mins or until the exposed tortillas are nicely browned.
- Serve 3 tortillas each with Mexican beer.