Chocolate Brownie Cookies
Member recipe by xjoeix
These are squidgy chocolate brownie-like cookies, combining the best of both worlds!
- 85g best-quality cocoa powder
- 400g caster sugar
- 125ml vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 250g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 60g icing sugar
- In a medium bowl, mix together cocoa, caster sugar and vegetable oil. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir into the cocoa mixture. Cover dough, and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4. Line baking trays with parchment. Roll dough into 2.5cm balls. Coat each ball in icing sugar before placing onto prepared trays.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Let stand on the baking tray for a minute before transferring to wire racks to cool.