Ginger and butternut soup
Member recipe by raytheowl
ServingsServes 1 - 10 Portions
Try this cheap, easy, healthy and filling seasonal soup for a slice of winter sunshine.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3 onions (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 2 tsp ginger (grated)
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 3 carrots
- 3 parsnips
- 1 small butternut squash (about 750g)
- 3 tbsp sweetcorn (frozen is fine)
- 1 chicken stock cube (or vegetable)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp orange zest
- black pepper
- chilli flakes
- BASE: Fry onions and garlic in oil in a large saucepan. Add the ginger.
- ADD: Chop and add all the other ingredients, topping up the pan with water as you progress (probably about 3 to 5 pints in total). Boil for 15 minutes. Blend as much as you like.
- SEASON/DRESS: with black pepper, a swirl of natural yoghurt and chilli flakes, as wished.